my "leather" recliners started peeling after 1 year of owning these chairs.I had bought the warranty that I was told would cover "everything", but NOOOO.

it did not cover this. They said if I would have punched a hole in the chair then it would be covered, but not if the fabric is peeling. The down feathers in my couch also started lumping within a year & now looks terrible. Their warranty company (ouside company that you can not call) is a joke.

You have to request an application, submit the app and pictures within ten days then wait for a letter in the mail...only to have them deny you. The customer service at Bassett is worse!

The manager Derek Byers told me that I should have read the fine print of the warranty and not listened to the lady that sold me the warranty saying that it covered everything including the leather!I would expect this from a company that sold furniture at cheap prices, but I paid $7000 for a couch & two recliners.

Had an Experience with Bassett Furniture?

Comments

Wow....we are considering buying from Bassett.Looking at the Dillon Reclining Sectional.

We just had a horrible experience with Ashley Furniture while trying to buy one from them. This was the only other place where we found something that we liked.

Any updates on a more positive experience?Still say to avoid?

We had the same experience.Within three years of purchasing a leather couch and loveseat the leather started to peel.

We tried to use the extra warranty we purchased and were told that it only covered damage caused by an accident. Our local showroom would do nothing to rectify the problem.

The sofas are less than five years old and we have to replace them.My husband and I are very disappointed with the quality.