Bassett Furniture - Worst Sofa Ever
We decided to purchase a new sofa after 16 years of use for our old one.
I had purchased Bassett Chairs for clients before, and they were comfortable and good quality. I decided to go with a Bassett sofa. I chose the Banbury style in Woven Graffite. I ordered from a place in Alabama, due to much better pricing. They are well established and a name people trust. So the sofa came in on time, we picked it up with great anticipation
We put in our new home that we were not living in yet. I noticed when I would go out to the house, it seemed to have collected every dust particle in the air
After we moved in, I vacuumed the sofa, and nothing would come off
Everything was trapped in the fabric. I took pictures and called the store and told them what was going on. She acted like I was crazy, even with the pictures. She told me to purchase a gadget to help with peeling fabric.
I told her it was not peeling and at 3 months old that would not be acceptable. I also called Bassett in NC and gave the same story with pictures. Finally they made a new cover for the seat. It did not make a difference and the new cover also slips, so it looks old and sloppy
I will never buy another piece of furniture from them. We are currently getting a new sofa from Finland and getting rid of the Bassett. It is also extremely uncomfortable. So don't waste your time or money
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Quality of product
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Friday night 9/16/16, about 1130, I got a pop-up window announcing that I was the "VIP Grand Prize Winner" in the amount of $10,000.00. 12 Hours later I received..."
- " I purchased the MOOG 81045 rear coil springs for my 06’ T4R V6 4.0L. I had my mechanic installed the spring but as soon as I drive of..."
- "I ordered a couple of items from Zoomer Gear, LLC on their website on 03/02/2014 and paid with a bank debit/credit card at that time. I later received both..."
- " Last week my KitchenAid (owned by Whirlpool) microwave oven ceased to function. It is a high end appliance with a retail cost in the neighborhood of $550. I investigated the..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."
- "We love Ritz at our house and I buy several at a time each week. It has been the last 6 mo - 1 year that they are a..."